Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mastitis

Yep, I have mastitis. It's painful, probably one of the most painful things I've ever encountered next to childbirth. It started yesterday with red bumps on my breast, then went into aches and chills, fever, pain, and joint stiffness. By this morning the red dots had merged into one big red blotch on the top of my breast. Called my doctor this morning and she sent me to the ER to get checked out. Luckily, they said I caught it early and 10 days of antibiotics should do the trick. I'm nursing Gabe on that side as much as possible, but the pain is unbelievable!! Hopefully it starts to get better soon, I have way to much to do and can't afford to be sick like this!

2 comments:

Susan Thomas said...

you poor thing, how horrible. I never got that, thankfully.... I always heard how painful it was. I did catch thrush from sean and that was like razor blades on my nipples... eek... hang in there.

Marian said...

oh no! never had it but it sounds painful!!! take your motrin! hang in there!